Eva Air Baggage
Hand-carry Baggage Number and Regulations
Royal Laurel/Premium Laurel/Business Class passenger is allowed to carry two-pieces of hand-carry baggage and each piece cannot exceed 7 kg (15 lb). Premium Economy/Economy Class passenger is permitted to carry one-piece weighing 7 kg (15lb) carry-on baggage.
The dimension of each hand-carry baggage may not be larger than 23x36x56cm /9x14x22 in or total of 115 cm/45 in (personal item is not applied to this regulation).
- For your convenience, a measurement Test Unit is available at either the check-in counter or boarding lounge to help you to determine whether your baggage meets these requirements.
- If the hand-carry baggage is overweight or oversize, it will be checked and carried in the cargo hold or refused carriage.
Any unchecked items occupying extra seats are charged and considered as Cabin Baggage (CBBG), such as an urn, Buddhist Statue carved statue, musical instruments, or other fragile/valuable items. If you would like to purchase an extra seat for CBBG, please contact EVA Air Reservation office to provide the type/dimension/weight (after fully packing and the box cannot be fragile) before your flight departs.
To properly secure your cabin baggage, the following regulations are applied
Must have strong packing (e.g. suitcase) on each side or be packed into a secure and strong box (with handle(s) is recommended for seat belts easily fasten) if CBBG is non-square shape such as Buddhist Statue. Please note the accessories (including headwear etc.) of Buddhist Statue must be enclosed in a strong box and cannot be revealed outside the box. This ensures passengers’ safety to avoid any harm from any loose of accessories (including headwear etc.) on the Buddhist Statue during taxi, takeoff, landing or flight turbulence occurs.
Must not exceed 70 kg/154 lb per seat and the dimension (after proper packing) has to complied with all requirements. Please click The cabin baggage acceptable dimensions.
- Must be reserved 48 hours ahead of departure by EVA Air Reservation and applicable charges paid (CBBG online booking is not available).
There's no free carry-on or checked baggage allowance for cabin baggage. Passenger’s free baggage allowance will remain unchanged.
- Must be assigned an extra seat in the first row behind the partition or last row in front of partition by EVA Air Reservation.
- Must be secured in a seat adjacent or nearby to the passenger and comply with all safety regulations.
- Must not change seats for both passenger and baggage during the flight.
- Must not obscure any customer's view of "seatbelt," "no smoking" or "exit" sign.
- Must not contain dangerous goods or other prohibited items.
- Must not endanger the aircraft, persons or property onboard the aircraft.
- Must identify yourself at the boarding gate 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time for CBBG handling procedure
More information of cabin baggage of Eva Air, click here
According to ICAO's new regulations with effective from July 1st, 2017, for aviation safety, when you checked any portable electronic devices with lithium batteries (including medical equipment) in your baggage, please beware the following:
- Turn off the devices (not in sleep or airplane mode)
- Also, must prevent unintentional activation and protect the devices from damage during entire trip
Any passenger who violates the regulations may result in some form of penalty by local government official.
Free-Checked Baggage allowance adjustment for EVA Air/UNI Air International and Cross-strait routes- Weight concept
For travel date starting from 01OCT16, Free-Checked Baggage allowance for EVA Air/UNI Air International and Cross-strait routes is adjusted as the following table. Piece concept for transpacific routes to/from U.S.A. & Canada remains unchanged.
Itineraries including flights operated by EVA Air/UNI Air or the Most Significant Carrier (MSC) determined by EVA Air/UNI Air only and the information applies to itineraries that are shown on the same ticket. For journeys involving separate tickets, the free baggage allowance reflected on each ticket shall apply.
The baggage allowance depends on the airport and the destination. Two allowance systems are in use:
|Class||Weight System (Except countries apply Piece System)|
|Business/Premium Laurel/Royal Laurel||40 kg (88 lb)|
|Premium Economy||35 kg (77 lb)|
|Economy||30 kg (66 lb)|
|*Infant not entitled to a seat (All classes)||10 kg (22 lb)|
|Class||Piece System (To/From the US and Canada and certain countries in South and Central America.|
|Business/Premium Laurel/Royal Laurel||2 pieces, each baggage shall not exceed 32 kg(70 lb)|
|The sum of the three dimensions of each piece may not exceed 158 cm(62 in)|
|Premium Economy||2 pieces, each baggage shall not exceed 28 kg(62 lb)|
|Economy||2 pieces, each baggage shall not exceed 23 kg(50 lb)|
|*Infant not entitled to a seat (All classes)||1 piece with same weight of baggage allowance in an adult traveling class.|
More information of checked baggage of Eva Air click here